From Paper Cards To Business Card Magnets And Forward- The History And Evolution Of Business Cards
Business cards are an internationally recognized way to exchange contact information and to make a formal introduction of a person or a business. It holds an important role in business negotiations, trade events and prestigious business meetings. It is astonishing to note that how a simple card that measures just 3.370 x 2.125 inches can play such a pivotal role in the business culture of the world.
Though the origin of business card is still obscure, it is thought that it might have originated in China in the 15th century. In the 17th century visiting cards were in use in Europe where the footmen of the aristocracy would present the cards to the servants of the host to announce the impending arrival of a distinguished guest. During the reign of the French King Louis XIV (r. 1643 to 1715) visiting cards had become a part of etiquette among the upper echelons and enjoyed a glorious profile.
With Industrialism, business cards that were printed in heavy paper came into circulation and were handed out during exhibitions and business events. In the United States, business card use became widespread in the 1890s. Business cards typically carry relevant information like the name, title, company and contact details apart from business logo and message. Business cards are a formal way to introduce your business and make the most desirable impressions at the first instance.
Modern day models
Now business cards are being replaced by business card magnets which are as sleek and light weight as its paper counterparts but will never get misplaced or torn as they remain securely stuck on fridge doors or in fact any ferrous surfaces. The best part is that your recipients will never miss your contact details as it will remain right in front of them and every time they need to reach you they know where to look for you!
The advantages of business card magnets
- Business card magnets are never misplaced or trashed: They will remain where the recipients have stuck it!
- Countless Choices on offer: Business card magnets are offered in a range of interesting models like calendar magnets, sports schedule magnets, car magnets and more. You can sneak in your contact details and message in a range of interesting ways and your recipients will find it exciting for sure.
- Functional: The full color business card magnets add a pop of color to the fridge surfaces and will double up as a hold up for the kids’ artwork or shopping lists.
- High return on investment: Businesses employing business cards as marketing tools are assured of a high ROI as businesses have one of the lowest costs of impressions and will continue to work for your brand during its rather impressive shelf life. You don’t have to put in any repeat effort or investment!
- Ideal for mass promotions: The low cost advantage of magnetic business cards will make it a perfect choice for mailer campaigns or as tradeshow handouts. The light weight and compact design will make it easy to store and distribute.
If you have anything more to add to this list of benefits of business card magnets, post it at the comments section to join the conversations. Follow our facebook page to know about the latest trends in custom magnets and its promotional effects.